These meatballs are fresh and light. You can have them with rice, salad or finger food at a party. Dip them in your favourite Thai sauce.
Gluten, egg, dairy and nut free
- 1kg chicken mince (you can use pork if you like)
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2cm ginger, grated
- 1 stalk of lemongrass or 1 tablespoon
- 2 tsp. fish sauce
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves, finely sliced
- ¼ Cup finely shredded coriander, optional
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- In a medium bowl, mix chicken, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, fish sauce, lime leaves and coriander. I use my hands to mix, but you can use a fork if you like.
- Using damp hands, roll the mixture into balls and put onto a clean plate. Chicken mince can be sticky so do your best. They don’t have to be perfect meatballs.
- Put the meatballs into the fridge for half an hour to allow them to set so they won’t fall apart.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat.
- Heat the coconut oil for 1 minute.
- Place the meatballs in the hot oil, and cook turning every few minutes until golden on all sides and cooked through the middle.
- Serve with rice, salad or have them as finger food with your favourite Thai dipping sauce.