Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- 2 Cups Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 2 eggs
- 1-1½ Cups coconut, almond, cows milk (whatever u choose)
- ½ Cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1½ Tbsp. butter or dairy free spread, melted
- Using an electric beater, whisk eggs until light and fluffy and doubled in size. Make sure they are very well beaten almost like you would egg whites for meringue.
- Add Maple Syrup and beat well again.
- Gradually add flour and then milk, alternating the flour and milk each time.
- Stir in butter.
- If your batter is too thick add some more milk or if it is too runny add more flour. You want a fairly thick batter as they are pikelets not pancakes.
- Heat flat frying pan on medium heat.
- Add a very small amount of butter and coconut oil to the pan and allow to melt completely. Make sure the pan is coated in the oil before adding any batter.
- Pour small amounts of batter into the pan a few centimeters away from each other. Using the back of a spoon just even the batter out a little if you need to.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and flip the pikelet over with an egg flip. Cook on the next side for another 1-2 minutes. Make sure each side is nice and golden and cooked through. Sometimes you may need to adjust the heat so it doesn’t burn or if it’s not hot enough the pikelet will take too long to cook and not be nice and golden.
- Repeat this process until all batter is gone.
- Serve with butter, Marscapone, fruit, cream, whatever u choose.