Gluten, dairy, and nut free
- 1 Cup desiccated coconut
- ¾ Cup coconut milk
- ¼ Cup coconut nectar
- ½ Cup coconut oil
- 1 ¾ Cup gluten free plain flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 eggs
- Zest of 2 limes
- ¼ Cup puree apple
- 1-2 Tbsp. shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Whisk eggs, coconut milk and coconut nectar in a large bowl.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl.
- Using a wooden spoon, give the ingredients a gentle mix.
- Add coconut and lime zest and then stir in coconut oil and apple. Gently combine all ingredients, scraping down the side of the bowl.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin.
- Top with shredded coconut. Press coconut lightly into cake mix to ensure it sticks.
- Cook in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Don’t over cook or it may end up dry. We want it to be moist.