These sweet potato chips are so simple. I like to substitute corn chips with these amazing chips for our nachos or guacamole dip. You only need 2 ingredients.
- 1 sweet potato, skin on
- ½ Cup coconut oil
- Slice the sweet potato with a mandolin slicer. You don’t want the chips too thin but they can’t be thick or they wont go nice and crispy.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan until its bubbling. You don’t want the oil too hot or they chips will just burn. Try 1 piece of sweet potato by itself first to test if the oil is hot enough. if it’s not hot enough it will absorb too much oil and be soggy. When you put the first piece in it should sizzle and bubble straight away but not smoke up.
- Keep an eye on the potato, turn it over, watch the colour go from light orange to dark orange. When it almost starts to go brown, take it out and put it on a plate lined with absorbent paper.
- You can now cook several at a time. Don’t do too many or it will lower the heat of the oil.
- Once they are all cooked, sprinkle with some salt flakes and serve with things like nachos, guacamole, aioli, or eat just by themselves.
If you would like to discover an amazing, non-toxic way to support your family’s health click the link below. Go to join and save to get 25% off retail prices.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook: