I’m not the biggest red meat fan, but this steak is so tender and juicy that anyone will love it. Plus, when it’s paired with salsa and guacamole, how could you resist?
Gluten, egg, nut and dairy free
- Large piece of rump steak, approx. 750g
- Juice of 1 lime
- Celery or garlic salt
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. chopped corainder
- Gluten free tortialla’s
- 2 Tbsp. oil
- Place the steak on a large tray. Squeeze the juice of half the lime onto one side the steak and cover the it in celery salt or garlic powder and salt and pepper.
- Allow the steak to marinate while you prepare the rest of the meal. Make sure you leave it out of the fridge to bring it up to room temperature.
- Rub the oil on the steak.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat. Heat until it begins to smoke.
- Place the steak in the hot pan, lime juice side down.
- Squeeze the juice from the other half of the lime onto the steak, sprinkle with a little more spices and allow to cook on one side for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the steak over and cook on the other side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take the steak out and put it on a clean plate, pour the pan juices over it, sprinkle with coriander and allow it to sit for 10 minutes. You can cover it with foil if you like but this will cook it a bit more. I don’t cover mine as I like it to be pink in the middle.
- Once the steak has rested, thinly slice it.
- To make the crispy tostadas, heat half the oil in a hot pan. Add a few tortilla’s at a time and cook both sides until golden and crispy. You may need to add the other half of the oil as you do more tostadas. Put on a plate to cool.
- Serve the steak on top with your salad, my ROASTED TOMATO SALSA and my GUACAMOLE
- You can also serve the steak in fajita’s or burritos.