I love sesame seed snaps, but I don’t love the amount of sugar they come with. I made these sweet little snaps with sesame seeds, pepitas and sunflower seeds without the load of sugar you get from the commercial ones.
Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free
- 1 Cup sesame seeds
- ½ Cup Pepitas
- ½ Cup sunflower seeds
- ¾ Cup raw honey
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Spread all of the seeds on the tray in a thin layer.
- Heat the honey in a small saucepan on high heat. Bring the honey to the boil and allow to boil for 4-5 minutes.
- In the meantime, toast the seeds in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until they are lightly golden. You will need to keep an eye on them and stir them around to make sure the seeds cook evenly. If you don’t, the seeds in the middle won’t go as golden as the one’s on the outside.
- Once the seeds are toasted and the honey is boiled, turn the heat off the stove top and pour the seeds in the saucepan. Stir them through the honey ensuring the honey coats all of the seeds and then quickly pour it onto the tray with the baking paper still on it.
- Place another piece of baking paper over the top and using a rolling pin, spread the mixture evenly over the tray. You can make it as think or as thin as you like. I do about 0.5-1cm.
- Allow to cool on the stove top and then transfer the tray to the fridge. Allow to set for about an hour or so.
- Once the seeds and honey has gone hard you can peel the baking paper off and break it into pieces.
If you would love to know how to get amazing health and wellness products, click the link below and go to join and save.
Follow me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips