You can use any combination of vegetables that you like. You can chop them finely in a food processor or grate them for fussy eaters.
- 500g chicken, turkey, pork or beef mince
- 2 carrots
- 6 mushrooms
- 2 zucchini
- 150g round beans
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
- ¾ Cup brown or basmati rice
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or diced
- 1 Tbsp. grated ginger
- ½-1 tsp. curry powder
- 1½ Cups chicken broth (I always use home made. You can find my recipe under bone broth)
- ¼ Cup soy sauce (I use gluten free)
- 2 Tbsp Oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. coconut or olive oil
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 Iceburg lettuce or 1 or 2 baby Cos lettuce, leaves carefully separated and washed
- In a large frying pan, heat coconut or olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Fry onion for 2 minutes until soft and clear. Add in shallots, garlic, curry powder and ginger and cook for 1 minute, stirring.
- Turn heat up to high and add the meat to the pan and cook, stirring for 2 minutes to slightly brown.
- Stir in vegetables and rice for 1 minute.
- Pour in stock, soy and oyster sauce and bring to the boil. You may need a little extra stock if you are using brown rice.
- Put the lid on and reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes. Take the lid off and stir every 5 minutes. Make sure the liquid doesn’t evaporate too much. If it gets too dry you can add a little water or more stock.
- Once the rice is soft and the vegetables are cooked you can remove the lid and cook for a further minute or 2.
- Serve in lettuce cups.