Serves at least 6
- 1kg chuck steak, diced
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 2 x brown onions, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can kidney or cannelloni beans (I used 1 of each)
- 2 x carrots, finely diced
- 3 x celery sticks, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1½ Tbsp. paprika
- 2 Tbsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. chilli or to taste
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ can of water that the tomatoes came out of
- Fresh coriander to serve
- In a large frypan, heat oil on medium high heat. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes until slightly soft. Now put the celery and carrots into the pan and stir through.
- Add garlic, cumin, coriander, paprika, cayenne pepper, and chilli powder. Cook for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Turn heat up to high and add meat and salt to the pan, stirring and allowing to lightly brown on the outside. It should take about 2 minutes.
- Pour the can of tomatoes in and fill the can ¼ of the way with water. Also add this in with the meat.
- Pour all of the ingredients in the pan into your slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for a minimum of 5 hours. If there is a lot of liquid, take the lid off after about 5 hours, turn the heat to high and allow the juices to reduce for 30 minutes.
- This can be served with a range of sides. Rice, potatoes, steamed vegetables, tacos, nachos, guacamole, corn salad, sour cream, salsa, greek yoghurt. Your choice.