Gluten Free, Nut Free
Serves at least 6
- 300g butternut pumpkin peeled and cubed into small pieces
- 250g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 large carrot, cut into small pieces
- 500ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 300ml full fat thickened cream
- 1¼ Cups grated cheese
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 500g gluten free pasta
- Heat a large saucepan to high heat. Add oil and heat 30 seconds.
- Toss in pumpkin, cauliflower and carrot. Add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir for 1 minute until the vegetables are coated in the oil and sizzling.
- Pour in stock and bring to the boil.
- Put the lid on and reduce the heat to low. Allow to simmer for 15 minutes or until all the vegetables are soft. Don’t allow the stock to fully evaporate.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water according to packet instructions.
- When vegetables are soft, blend until smooth using a hand blender. Add 1-2 Tbsp. pasta water to help the sauce stick to the pasta.
- Stir in cream over low heat, then add the cheese. When the cheese is fully melted, pour in the drained pasta. Coat all the pasta in the sauce and it’s ready to serve.