This recipe was created because i promised a friend I would bring a slice to our get together. These were the ingredients were all I had in the pantry and fridge. this is what I came up with and it went down a treat.
Gluten, dairy, egg free
- 1 1/2 Cups raw almonds
- 1 Cup coconut
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil (hard one)
- 1/4 Cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. cocao
- 10 medjool dates, seeds removed and cut in half
- 1 1/2 Cups frozen raspberries
You can use 150g of melted dark chocolate and 1 Tbsp of liquid coconut oil or make your own.
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil (hard)
- 1 Tbsp. liquid coconut oil
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 4-5 Tbsp. cocao
- Grease and line a square slice tin.
- In a food processor or Thermomix, blend the almonds for about 4 seconds. I like mine to still be a bit chunky but you can blend them to be a bit finer if you like.
- Pour them into a large clean bowl and stir the coconut through.
- Melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and cocao together and whisk until thick.
- Pour chocolate mix over the almonds and coconut and mix until all the almonds are coated. Pour the mix into the prepared tray and press down firmly until it is evenly spread through the tray.
- Place in the fridge while you do the rest.
- Blend raspberries and dates together until smooth. Pour it over the almond base and spread evenly.
- If you are making your own chocolate, melt coconut oils, maple syrup and cocao and whisk until thick.
- Por over the top of the raspberry layer. I used a fork to swirl it through the raspberry a bit.
- Place in the fridge for an hour to set.
- Remove from tray and cut into squares.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 10 days.