You can get much easier than pulled pork. Try it with my home made COLESLAW. Simple meal and so tasty.
Gluten, egg, nut and dairy free
- Boneless shoulder or leg of pork, skin removed
- 1 brown onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ Tbsp. paprika
- ½ Tbsp. ground cumin
- ½ Tbsp. ground coriander
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt (plus extra salt to rub into the rind)
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder (optional)
- ½ Tbsp. brown sugar or coconut sugar (optional)
- ½ Cup chicken stock, try my broth recipe BONE BROTH
- When you remove the skin/rind, put it on a plate, make sure it is scored well, pat it dry with a paper towel and sprinkle it with plenty of salt. Put it in the fridge for the day.
- Turn your slow cooker on low and place the onions, garlic and stock into the bowl of the cooker.
- Put all of the spices, salt and sugar into s small ramekin and mix to combine.
- Rub the spices all over the pork, rolling the pork in any that fall off. Make sure it it completely covered in the spices.
- Sit the pork on top on the onions, garlic and stock.
- Put the lid on and leave in the cooker for at least 6 hours. Once it is cooked, pull the pork apart with tongs or 2 forks. Mix it through the juices and let it soak them up.
- To cook the skin/rind: Take the rind out of the fridge 30-40 minutes before you want to cook it to bring it to room temperature. Turn your grill on high heat with fan if you have one.
- Pat down the skin with a paper towel to get any excess moisture off and sprinkle again with some salt. Make sure you rub it in. I like to cut the skin into quarters so it cooks quicker and evenly.
- Place the skin on a baking tray and put it under the grill. Make sure you stand near by to watch it as it can cook quite quickly.
- Once the skin has all crackled and gone crispy, bring it out of the oven and serve it with your pork and coleslaw.
If you would like the most amazing natural products, click the link below and go to join and save.