Gluten, egg and nut free
- 10-12 baby chat potatoes, whole
- 200g diced bacon
- 2-3 green shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300ml thickened cream
- ½ Tbsp. Olive oil
- Steam or boil potatoes as they are for 15 10 to 15 minutes or until cook through but still slightly firm. We don’t want to over cook them as we will be cooking them a little longer at the end. Stick a knife or skewer into the centre of the largest potato. It should feel soft but not break. Leave to cool slightly.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil on high heat. Make sure it’s hot.
- Add bacon to the pan and cook stirring for 3 minutes until the bacon begins to crisp and go golden.
- Add shallots and garlic to the pan and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Cut potatoes in quarters. Add them to the bacon in the pan and toss to coat in the oil and bacon.
- Pour in the cream and gently stir it through the potatoes. Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat to low.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. When the cream has reduce slightly and thickened a little, pour into a clean dish.
- Serve with any meal or you can even have it by itself. Great dish for BBQ.