If you have a sensitivity to the bi-carb soda in the recipe just take it out and use extra arrowroot powder.
This makes load of deodorant that you can share it with your friends or make it all for yourself and you won’t have to make it for a long time.
The inspiration for this recipe comes from Inspired Little Pot.
- 80g shea butter
- 70g coconut oil (the type that goes hard in winter)
- 20g beeswax
- 65g arrowroot flour (or cornflour)
- 30g sodium bicarbonate (bicarb)
- 10 drops of TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL
- 10 drops WILD ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL
- 10 drops LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
- 10 drops of Lemongrass essential oil
- Other essential oils that are great for deodorants are, Cedarwood, Litsea, Patchouli, Tangerine, Lemon, Manuka, Lime. Just be sure that you use a trusted, pure essential oil. Many have synthetics added to them and that defeats the purpose of a non-toxic deodorant.
- Using a double boiler method on medium heat (small saucepan of water, glass bowl on top), add shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax.
- Once those ingredients are fully melted, take the bowl off the heat and stir in arrowroot powder and bi-carb.
- Once the mixture is smooth, add in the essential oils.
- Pour into small glass jars and leave out to cool and set.
If you would love these amazing, pure essential oils, click the link below and go to join and save.
Follow me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips