Mint slice without the refined sugar is my daughters favourite. With peppermint essential oil, it makes a lovely therapeutic slice. Support your digestive system while you treat yourself. Too easy.
You can find coconut butter in a jar in the health food section of your local supermarket.
Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free
- 2 Cups desiccated coconut
- ¾ Cup coconut butter
- ¼ Cup raw honey
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 4-5 drops PEPPERMINT ESSENTIAL OIL
- ¹⁄³ Cup extra virgin coconut oil
- ¹⁄³ Cup Cocao
- ¼ Cup pure maple syrup
- To make the base, melt the coconut oil and honey in a small saucepan on low heat. Stir with a small whisk until both are incorporated together.
- Add the coconut butter and whisk together. Turn the heat off and add the peppermint oil.
- Pour the coconut into a bowl and then pour the coconut butter and honey mixture over the coconut. Mix together well. It may form little lumps but keep mixing until all the coconut is covered with the coconut butter mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a square, greased and line slice tray. Using a piece of baking paper over the top, press the mixture down firmly and spread it evenly around the tray. Make sure the mixture is even and firmly in the tray.
- To make the top, gently melt the coconut oil and maple syrup in a small saucepan on low heat. Whisk the ingredients well until nice and smooth and bubbly.
- Add the cocao into the syrup mixture and whisk quickly to get out any lumps and create a nice smooth melted chocolate consistency.
- Quickly pour the chocolate over the coconut mixture and move the tray around so it spreads evenly across the top. Give the tray a nice little shake to smooth the topping.
- Place it in the fridge for about an hour or until the top is firm.
- Lift the slice out by the baking paper and cut into bars or squares.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Helpful hint: for a refreshing twist, add a few drops of WILD ORANGE ESSENTIAL OIL to the chocolate topping when you remove it from the heat.
If you have made this recipe, make sure you take a photo and send it to me so I can put it on my blog. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends.
If you would like to know where to get these amazing essential oils, click the link below and go to join and save.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips.