For those of us who enjoy meat free meals. Enjoy this bean dish with tacos, burritos, nachos or rice. I like to top mine with salsa and Guacamole (you can find those recipes under snacks)
You can add any vegetables to this dish you like, this is what I used…
- 4 button mushrooms, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 corn cob, corn sliced off
- 1 can black beans or 1 cup dried black beans (that have been soaked over night and boiled)
- 1 large tomato, diced.
- 2 garlic cloves, diced or crushed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder or flakes
- 1 Tbsp. Coconut or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil on medium high heat. Add garlic, cook stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add cumin, chilli and paprika and cook stirring for 1 minute.
- Stir in zucchini, mushroom and corn. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes until the vegetables start to become soft.
- Add in the diced tomato and beans and cook it down until the tomato melts down (about 3 minutes). You can add 1 tablespoon of water if you want it a bit more of a sauce.
- Serve with Guacamole and salsa on your favourite Mexican dish.