Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
Serves at least 6
- 1kg lamb mince. (You can use any mince you like)
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- ¼ tps. salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1 tsp. mixed dried herbs
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 3 sticks celery, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 Cups Chicken stock (I always use home made broth)
- ½ Cup red wine
- 200g gluten free spaghetti, broken into 3-4cm lengths
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- In a large bowl, mix mince, egg, herbs, ¼ tsp. salt and pinch pepper, using your hands.
- Roll into 2 tsp. balls, put on a clean plate and place in the fridge to set.
- Prepare the vegetables and heat a large saucepan or cast iron pot on high heat. When the saucepan is hot, add 1 Tbsp. olive oil.
- Partially cook the meatballs, just on the outside without cooking all the way through. Approximately 3 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and put on a clean plate.
- Lower heat to medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbsp. olive oil and make sure it is hot. Add onion and cook stirring for 2 minutes until soft.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minutes. Add in carrot and celery, stir to coat in the oil. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then turn the heat up to high.
- When the heat is hot, pour in wine and bring to the boil. Stir the vegetables and scrape the bottom of the pan to get the flavour through.
- Allow wine to reduce by half and then add the meatballs and any juices on the plate, chicken stock, tomatoes and the rest of the salt and pepper. Bring to the boil.
- Put the lid on the pot and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the spaghetti pieces, put the lid back on and cook for a further 15 minutes or until the spaghetti is cooked.
- Taste the sauce and see if it needs any salt or pepper. Serve it up!