My mate Josh shared this recipe with me. As always, I tweaked it to make it my own, but essentially it is Josh’s recipe. He had egg and parmesan in his meatballs which I took out. But you can add those if you like.
You can use risoni pasta or rice for this recipe. If you’re using rice, I suggest you add more stock.
Gluten, egg, nut and dairy free
- 1kg chicken, I used 2 chicken breasts and 6 chicken thighs. You can also buy the chicken mince.
- 1 Cup gluten free bread crumbs
- ½ Cup rice flour
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme or 2 tsp of dried thyme
- 1 Cup gluten free spaghetti broken into short lengths
- 1 Cup broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 sprig fresh basil
- 2 Litres good quality chicken stock, I use my home made BONE BROTH
- Pinch salt and pepper.
- ½ Tbsp. extra Virgin Olive oil
- I made my own mince in the Thermomix. I cut the chicken into small cubes and added it to the Thermomix bowl, 12 sec, speed 10. I did this 3 times, scraping the side and mixing the chicken around a little.
- I then added the breadcrumbs, garlic, 3 sprigs of thyme and salt and pepper and did the same as above 3 times.
- Once the chicken is minced, you can then roll it into meatballs. I did a heaped tablespoon size and rolled each one in the rice flour.
- Using a large deep pan, heat on high heat then add the olive oil. Lightly brown the meatballs on the outside. They don’t need to one cooked through.
- Pour the stock into the pan, put the lid on and bring to the boil.
- Once the stock is boiling, add the pasta and broccoli into the pan, put the lid back on and bring back up to the boil.
- Make sure u give it a little stir every now and then to avoid the pasta sticking together. The stock will go a little cloudy due to the pasta.
- When the pasta is cooked and the meatballs are cooked through, you can serve it up.
If you would love to support your family with amazing non-toxic products, click the link below and go to join and save.
Follow me or contact me on Facebook