A lovely sweet, sticky chicken dish you can have with vegetables for dinner or as a snack. You don’t have to use drumsticks, you can use chicken wings.
Gluten, egg, nut and dairy free (using an alternative to the butter)
- 8 x chicken drumsticks
- ¼ Cup honey
- 4 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ Cup chicken bone broth or stock
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Lay chicken drumsticks in a casserole dish in a single layer and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
- In a small saucepan, heat butter, honey and mustard at medium heat, stirring continuously until honey is dissolved and all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add the broth stirring continuously until smooth.
- Bring to the boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour the honey sauce over chicken making sure you coat it all, and cook in oven for 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Make sure you take the dish out after 20 minutes and baste the chicken with the honey sauce.
- Once cook allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with rice or vegetables.
If you love this recipe please share it with your friends. If you have cooked it I would love to see a photo and add it to my blog.
If you would like to know how to support your family’s health and wellbeing, click the link below and go to join and save.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips