My family loves these with their eggs for breakfast. They are also good with dinner instead of the standard mash.
Gluten, dairy and nut free
- 3 to 4 medium washed potatoes, skin on and grated
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive Oil
- Large pinch salt and pepper
- A little extra oil for frying.
- Lay grated potato on some paper towel. Pick up all sides of the paper towel and bring them in to meet each other. Stand over the sink and squeeze the paper towel to get some of the liquid out of the potatoes. Don’t squeeze too much out. We don’t want them too dry.
- Place potato in a bowl and mix in egg, oil and salt and pepper. Make sure they are all well combined.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat.
- When the pan is hot, place some egg rings in the pan and fill each ring with the potato mixture, pressing down firmly.
- Remove the rings and place them back in the pan to fill them until all the mixture is gone.
- Cook on one side for 5 minutes until crisp and golden, then flip them over to the other side.
- Make sure both sides are gold and crisp, then serve them with your meal.