A very simple and healthy way to enjoy a muffin.
- 1½ Cups almond meal
- ¹/³ Cup liquid coconut oil
- ¼ Cup 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup almonds, roughly crushed
- ¼ Cup cashews, roughly crushed
- 10-12 dried apricots, diced
- 10-12 Medjool dates, diced
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 170ºC and grease a cup cake tray or line with cupcake cases.
- To crush the nuts you can roughly chop them, give them a quick whizz in the food processor or give a little bash with a rolling pin or in a mortar and pestle.
- In a large bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and coconut oil with a whisk.
- Stir in almond meal, nuts and baking powder until well combined.
- Gently stir in dates and apricots.
- Fill the trays or cupcake cases ¾ full and place in the oven to cook for 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Leave in the tray for 10 minutes and then turn the muffins onto a wire rack to cool.