These little gems are great as a starter or finger food for when you are entertaining. So quick and easy and so tasty.
I use my air fryer for these but prior to purchasing my air fryer I used the oven. Both turn out great, the air fryer is just easier and quicker.
- 1 pack of pork rashers (about 800g), cut into about 2cm strips
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 long red chilli, finely diced
- 4 green shallots, sliced
- If you are using an oven, preheat it to 200oC.
- Place the pork rashers in a bowl and sprinkle the garlic powder, and salt over the pieces.
- Mix the spices through so they coat all of the pork pieces.
- Mix in the chilli and half of the shallots.
- Allow the flavours to develop for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the pork pieces on a tray and make sure none of them are overlapping. In the air fryer you might need 2 trays or racks.
- Place them in the air fryer to cook for 15 minutes then take them out and turn each piece over to cook on both sides. You might need to do this at about 20 minutes in the oven.
- Cook for a further 10 to 20 minutes or until the rind goes crispy.
- Take them out and place them on a plate, then sprinkle the rest of the shallots over the top. Some times I add chopped coriander or parsley to go over the top for some freshness.