Gluten, egg and nut free
If you don’t like mushrooms you can leave them out. We love them in our house. You could add bacon if you want or just have the creamy sauce.
- 4 x chicken breasts, thinly sliced length ways
- 600ml thickened cream
- 2 flat mushrooms and 6 button mushrooms finely diced (or just use the same type if you like)
- ½ Cup white wine
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pinch white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- Heat a large frying pan on high. Add oil and make sure it gets hot.
- Season chicken fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
- Add as many chicken fillets to the pan as you can without overlapping. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Place on a clean plate while you cook the rest of the chicken. Place all cooked chicken on the plate.
- Next, add butter to pan and mushrooms with a pinch of salt.
- Cook, stirring for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
- Pour in the wine and stir, scraping the mushrooms and chicken flavour from the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in cream and bring to the boil. Pour the juices from the chicken into the pan.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and any remaining juices and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes minutes. It’s ready to serve.
- My children just love mashed vegetables with this meal. But you can serve it with anything including rice.