Thyme essential oil benefits:
- Highly anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-parasitic, anti-viral, anti-septic
- Colds, flu, Croup
- Asthma, Pneumonia, Bronchitis
- Skin conditions: Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis, Radiation wounds
- Fungal infections and parasites
- Tonic for the nerves and stomach
- Cystitis and Colitis
- 4 chicken breasts, sliced lengthways in 2 or 3 pieces
- 4-5 large flat mushrooms or 8-10 button mushrooms, finely diced
- 1 Cup chicken broth/stock
- 300ml full fat cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 drop dóTERRA Thyme essential oil
- 2 drops dóTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- Heat a large frying pan to high heat. Add olive oil and swirl around to coat the pan.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken breast with ½ of the salt. Place the chicken into the pan ensuring none is overlapping. You may need to do this in 2 stages to fit all the chicken in the pan. When chicken in golden underneath, turn it over and cook on the other side.
- When the chicken is cooked through, place the pieces on a clean plate and cover with foil.
- Add the butter to the pan along with the mushrooms and the rest of the salt. Saute the mushrooms, stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minutes until soft.
- Pour in the stock. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to get all the flavour into the sauce. Bring to the boil. Turn the heat to medium and simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour in the cream and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes to thicken the sauce a little.
- turn the heat off and add the essential oils. Place the chicken into the sauce along with any of the juices that have come out of the chicken onto the plate. Coat all the chicken in the sauce.
- Serve with vegetables or a side dish of your choice.