My kids love sausages, but they know they are a sometimes food. I like to add these hidden vegetables for more nutrition. I ask my local butcher for preservative free sausages.
Gluten, dairy, egg and nut free
- 10 thick sausages. If you use thin ones use 12.
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Cup chicken stock. I use my home made one.
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tsp. curry powder
- 1½ Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 carrots cut into 3 chunks
- 75g fresh beans, ends cut off and cut in half
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- Pinch slat and pepper
- Heat a large frying pan on medium high heat. Add the olive oil and once it bubbles add the sausages to the pan.
- Cook the sausages turning occasionally. If the pan gets too hot and the sausages begin to burn on the outside, turn the heat down. Don’t worry if they aren’t cooked all the way through.
- Once the sausages are cooked, remove them from the pan and slice.
- Whiles the sausages are cooking, add curry powder to thermomix. Put the lid on, measuring cup in 1 min/80°C/speed 1.
- Add onion, carrot and garlic to thermomix, lid on and measuring cup in 6 sec/speed 8
- Pour in stock, tomato paste, coconut milk, salt and pepper. Lid on measuring cup off. 15 mins/90°C/speed 1
- Add sausages and beans 12 mins/80°C/speed 1
- Serve with mashed potato. My kids love mashed vegetables, so we have that.
If you would love to support your family’s health and wellness with amazing non-toxic products click the link below and go to join and save
Follow me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips