This is the number one meal in our house. You can have it with pasta, rice or vegetables. We love it with mashed vegetables. Some potato, sweet potato, cauliflower and broccoli all mashed together. The kids love their veggies this way. Not so much singularly lol.
- 4 chicken breasts, cut lengthways, 3 pieces per breast.
- 300g bacon, finely diced
- 10 button mushrooms, finely diced or sliced.
- 600ml thick cream
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbsp. butter or oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- Some cracked black pepper, optional
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with half of the salt and some black pepper.
- Heat a large pan on high and once heated add the butter. Once the butter is melted add the chicken breasts.
- Brown all breasts on 1 side and turn each one over to brown on the other side. Don’t worry about cooking them all the way through, just get some colour on them.
- Remove the chicken from the pan onto a clean plate.
- Add bacon into the pan and cook, stirring for 2 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Add mushrooms, garlic and the rest of the salt to the bacon, and cook stirring for 3-4 minutes until the mushrooms soften.
- Pour the cream into the pan and bring to the boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and add the chicken back into the pan.
- Simmer with the lid on for 6-7 minutes. Take the lids off and check if the cream is thick. If it is too runny, simmer for a few minutes until the cream has reduced and thickened a little.
- Serve with rice, pasta or vegetables.
For the most amazing natural health products, click the link below and go to join and save.