This soup is from my high school cooking recipe book. I altered the recipe to be a little tastier and of course gluten free. So this is my version of my high school recipe.
Gluten, egg, nut free
- 2 large chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 1/2 Cup broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1 1/2 Cup cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 3 large mushrooms, chopped
- 1 litre (4 Cups) chicken stock BONE BROTH
- 1/2 tsp. mixed herbs
- 1/2 Cup thicken cream (take it out of the fridge when you get the ingredients out and leave it out)
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca, rice or corn flour mixed with 1 Tbsp. water
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat a large saucepan on medium/high heat. Add the olive oil and heat for 30 seconds.
- Add onion to the pan and cook, stirring for 2 minutes and then add in garlic. Stir for 1 minute.
- Turn heat up to high and add in chicken. Cook stirring for 1 minute then toss in the vegetables, salt and pepper.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes then pour the stock over it. Sprinkle the herbs in.
- Put the lid on the pan, bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour in the cream and flour mix while you are stirring the soup.
- Simmer with the lid off for 10 minutes.
- Serve as it is.