The home made version is so much nicer than the canned stuff. It’s much healthier with no sugar, less salt and fresh ingredients.
Gluten, egg and nut free
- 3 fresh corn cobs, husks removed, corn cut from the cob
- 1 brown onion, peeled and cut in half
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 Cup thickened cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pinch white pepper
- Put the onion and garlic in the Themromix bowl, lid on and measuring cup in and chop 3 seconds, speed 6. Scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Add the butter or oil and cook 3 mins, 110º, speed 1.
- Add the corn, salt and cream and cook for 20 mins, 110º, speed 0.5.
- Feel the corn and make sure it’s soft. If it is cooked, puree it for 5 seconds, speed 6.
- If it is not quite ready cook at the same speed and temperature for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with any meal as a side dish or have it on toast with some melted cheese.
- For a cheesy creamed corn you ½ Cup Parmesan
If you would like to know how to get amazing health and wellness products, click the link below and go to join and save.
Follow me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips