The home made version is so much nicer than the canned stuff. It’s much healthier with no sugar, less salt and fresh ingredients.
Gluten, egg and nut free
- 3 fresh corn cobs, husks removed, corn cut from the cob
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 Cup thickened cream
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pinch white pepper
- Heat a small saucepan on medium-high heat. Add oil/butter and heat until bubbly.
- Add onion and cook stirring for 2 minutes then add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Add corn salt and pepper and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add cream and gently bring to the boil. Once bubbling, turn the heat to low and put the lid on.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Test the corn to see if it’s nice and soft.
- Once cooked you can either put in a blender or food processor or use a hand blender to puree the corn.
- Serve with meat or on toast with melted cheese.
For a cheesy creamed corn you could stir in half a cup or parmesan cheese.
If you would like to know how to get amazing health and wellness products, click the link below and go to join and save.
Follow me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips