If you are watching your carb intake but would love something sweet without the sugar, these little goodies are a real treat.
Gluten, egg, dairy free (if you use dairy free chocolate)
- 1¼ Cup almond meal
- ½ Cup almond butter
- ¼ Cup pure maple syrup
- ½ Cup arrowroot powder
- ½ tsp. vanilla essence
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped and frozen (I used 80% Lindt block)
- Preheat oven to 170ºC and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Mix almond meal and arrowroot in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl or just, mix almond butter, vanilla essence, maple syrup and water until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined. It should be a sticky, wet sand texture.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Roll into heaped tablespoon balls, then place on the baking tray. Give a gentle push on the top to flatten slightly.
- Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes until slightly golden. Don’t cook them too long as they will dry out too much.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack too cool.
If you would love the most amazing natural products, click the link below and go to join and save.