It is so easy to make your own coleslaw with home made dressing. Store bought dressings have loads of preservatives, sugar, carcinogenic oils and salt. This dressing can be used just as a salad dressing or a dip for sweet potato fries, and stored in the fridge for a week. But I can tell you it won’t last that long. It’s way too yummy.
Gluten, dairy and nut free
- 2 egg yolks and 1 whole egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ¼ Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ – 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ of a cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- To make the dressing. Place the eggs, salt and garlic in a food processor. Start the food processor on medium speed to begin to incorporate the ingredients. Once you have a nice pale consistency, turn the speed to medium high.
- Very slowly, a small amount at a time, drizzle the oil into the chute of the food processor while the motor is running. Don’t add the oil too quickly or too much at a time or it will split and not thicken up.
- If you would like a thicker aioli style dressing, add a little more oil.
- When it is thick enough and all the oil is added, add in the lemon juice and mustard.
- Taste to make sure you have enough lemon juice, mustard or salt.
- Toss the salad ingredients together and then stir through the dressing.
- We love ours with my PULLED PORK or as a side salad when we have a BBQ.
If you would love the most amazing natural products, click the link below and go to join and save.