I made this cold sore cream for my parents and it worked a treat. So much better and works faster than any toxic, commercial brands.
- ½ Cup extra virgin coconut oil
- ½ Cup shea butter
- 2 Tbsp. apricot kernel oil
- ¹⁄³ Cup bees wax, grated
- 3 Tbsp. almond oil
- 1 tsp. vitamin E oil
- 10 drops Doterra frankincense essential oil FRANKINCENSE ESSENTIAL OIL
- 10 drops Doterra On Guard essential oil ON GUARD ESSENTIAL OIL BLEND
- 8 drops Doterra Manuka or tea Tree essential oil TEA TREE ESSENTIAL OIL
- 4 drops Doterra Melissa essential oil
- 4 drops Doterra Helichrysum essential oil
If you would like to know how to get these amazing essential oils, please contact me or go to my website (link at the bottom of this page) and click join and save for 25% off retail.
- I use the double boiler method to gently melt the ingredients. Place a small saucepan with a few cm of water on medium heat.
- Put a large glass bowl on the top of the saucepan.
- Add coconut oil, shea butter, apricot kernel oil, bees wax, almond oil and Vitamin E oil in the glass bowl.
- Allow the ingredients to melt slowly and lightly whisk.
- Once they are all melted, remove the bowl from the saucepan.
- Allow to cool slightly and then add the essential oils.
- Pour into lip balm containers that have been place on a baking tray. Allow them to cool and then put them in the fridge to fully set.
- When you feel the little tingle of a cold sore coming, apply the cream to the area 4 times a day.