Gluten, egg, dairy and nut free
- 1 organic whole chicken
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 275g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 200g broccoli cut into small florets
- 2 cups rice noodles (I used elbow shape rice pasta)
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- ½ tsp. pink salt
- Pinch pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring for 3 minutes until soft and translucent.
- Add celery, carrot, salt and pepper. Cook stirring for 3 minutes until soft.
- Pour in the stock and bring to the boil. At this point you can pour that into the slow cooker or keep it on the stove.
- Gently lower the chicken into the liquid and add the rest of the vegetables.
- Cook on low heat in slow cooker for 4-5 hours or stove top for 2 hours.
- Remove chicken skin and bones with tongs. If you can lift the chicken out with tongs and a fork you can sit it on a chopping board and remove bones and skin. Shred chicken with a fork and put it back in.
- Add in rice noodles. Cook for a further 40 minutes on stove top or an hour in slow cooker on high, or until the pasta is cooked through.
- Taste for seasoning.
- Serve by it’self or with sour dough.