Gluten and nut free
- 4 slices of bread, we like spelt sourdough.
- 1 ripe avocado, seed removed
- 1 egg
- 4 slices of tasty cheese. I cut a thick piece from a block, but you can use what you like.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- If you like chilli, a pinch of chilli flakes are great too.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Put the bread in the toaster and lightly cook.
- Scoop out avocado with a spoon into a small bowl.
- Crack the egg into the bowl and mix together until well combined.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper, and chilli flakes if you’re adding them.
- Put toast on a flat tray and spread the avocado and egg mixture on the toast. Place the cheese on the top.
- Place under the grill until the cheese melts and is bubbling.
- Serve as breakfast, lunch or a snack.