I was heading to my mates for drinks and had to take something last minute. I went to the shop and grabbed a few items and threw this together. Man it was so tasty.
- 1 cob bread (I used wholemeal sourdough)
- 300g sour cream
- 3-4 shallots, thinly sliced (green spring onion)
- 250g diced bacon
- 1¼ Cup tasty cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 170ºC. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper.
- Using a large serrated knife, cut the top off the cob by running the knife down into the loaf and around the edge leaving a 2cm wall. Scoop large pieces of bread out of the loaf keeping them intact so you can use them to dip later on. Break the lid into pieces also. Put the loaf onto the lined tray and spread the bread pieces around the edge.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat and add oil to heat.
- Add the bacon to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to go darker.
- Add the shallots to the pan and cook for 2 minutes until they go soft.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the sour cream, stirring.
- Sprinkle all of the cheese into the pan and cook stirring until it is melted.
- Pour the mixture into the cob loaf and put it in the oven. Cook for 10 minutes until the top is golden and the bread pieces are crisp.
- Serve it hot and enjoy.
If you love this recipe please share it with your friends.
If you would like to support your family’s health and wellbeing, click the link below and go to join and save.
Feel free to stalk me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips