You can have this as a side dish or we serve it with my Lemon and chill haloumi (see side dishes) for meat free nights. Great for breakfast.
Serves about 6
These are the vegetables I used, you can use what you like.
- 3 potatoes, peeled and finely diced 3cm square
- Butternut pumpkin, skin on, diced 4cm square
- 1 onion, cut in half then 4 wedges each half
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and sliced in 3cm chunks
- 1 small eggplant, cut in half and sliced 4cm
- 6 cloves garlic, skin on
- 3 squash, quartered
- 6 Cauliflower florets cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 1-2 Tbsp. Cajun Spice mix (depending on how spicy you like your food)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C while preparing the vegetables
- Once the vegetables are prepared, throw them all in a large baking tray.
- Sprinkle the Cajun spices and salt over the vegetables, then drizzle the oil over them.
- Using your hands, toss the vegetables together to coat them all in the oil and spices.
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 40 minutes or until potatoes are soft and all the vegetables are cooked through.
- Serve as a side dish with your meat or it’s great as a vegetarian dish.