These are more like cookie muffins. They aren’t crunchy like cookies, but they are nice and sweet and very tasty.
Gluten and dairy free
- 2 Cups Almond meal
- 1/2 Cup desicated coconut
- 1/4 Cup pure Maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1 Cup mixed frozen berries
- Preheat oven to 170o C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk, coconut oil, maple syrup, lemon juice and egg until well combined.
- Stir in almond meal and coconut. Now add in the berries.
- Roll mixture into balls about half the size of the palm of your hand. Place the ball on the baking tray and squash it down just a little. Not too much or it will go too flat. Just so the top of the ball is no longer round. You should get around 16 cookies.
- Put in the oven to cook for about 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 10 minutes, THEN EAT ONE lol. They are so good warm. The rest (if there is any left by now), put on a cooling rack and once cooled, store in an airtight container in the fridge.