If you’re an Aussie and you love “rissoles”, these are my Middle Eastern version. They are so tasty and are great with my tahini yoghurt. You can eat them by themselves or have them with a salad, rice or in a wrap. So versatile.
Gluten, egg, dairy, nut free
- 1kg beef or lamb mince
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 1tsp. ground coriander
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all ingredients (not the oil), in a large bowl using your hands.
- Shape balls of mince into a long oval shape and squash it down a little. Place them on a clean plate and put them in the fridge to set for about 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat and add the olive oil. Place the kofta’s in the hot pan and cook on both sides for about 4-5 minutes each.
- Make sure they are cooked through the middle. Serve with my Tahini yoghurt.