GF, EG, DF
- 6 chicken thigh fillets, cut in half
- ¹/³ Cup gluten free soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 to 1½ tsp. curry powder
- 1 Cup unsalted peanuts
- ½ Cup coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. Kecap Manis (if you’re gluten intolerant you can use GF soy and 1tsp. coconut sugar)
- Pinch sea salt flakes
- In a casserole dish or marinating container, mix all chicken marinade ingredients together. Coat the chicken thighs in the marinade and leave to soak up the sauce for at least an hour. Make sure you turn the chicken halfway through.
- In the meantime you can make the satay sauce.
- In a small food processor, blender or a mortar and pestle, crush the peanuts.
- Add boiling water, Kecap Manis, coconut oil, coconut milk and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Cook the chicken thighs on a hot BBQ plate or in a frying pan on the stove top.
- When the chicken is almost cooked, gently heat the satay sauce in a small saucepan on low heat until warmed through.
- We serve our chicken on top of chicken rice (see side dishes) and with BBQ vegetables like zucchini, mushrooms and onion. Pour the satay sauce over the top.