These hash browns are so good to throw in the oven for breakfast or have as an accompaniment to any meal.
Gluten, dairy and nut free
- 3 to 4 medium washed potatoes, skin on and grated
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin olive Oil
- Large pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line muffin trays with muffin cases (I use silicon ones. If using paper you may need to use 2 in the one muffin hole or use aluminium ones).
- Lay grated potato on some paper towel. Pick up all sides of the paper towel and bring them in to meet each other. Stand over the sink and squeeze the paper towel to get some of the liquid out of the potatoes. Don’t squeeze too much out. We don’t want them too dry.
- Place potato in a bowl and mix in egg, oil and salt and pepper. make sure they are all well combined.
- Fill each muffin case with the mixture, pressing it down to make sure it’s compact.
- Place the tray in the oven for 20 minutes or until the outside is golden and crisp.