My son loves bacon and eggs so I made them all in one cup for him. These bacon and egg cups can be made for breakfast and the left overs can eaten as a snack.
Enjoy them with baked beans, mushrooms, toast or any other accompaniment you love with your bacon and eggs.
Gluten and nut free
- 12 rashers middle bacon, cut in half lengthways
- 10 eggs
- ¼ Cup milk of your choice
- ½ Cup grated parmesan
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Baking paper cut into squares to line extra large muffin trays
- Preheat oven to 200ºC
- Grease and line muffin trays with baking paper. I just push the squares of paper into the holes and fold creases into flatten out the paper.
- Line the muffin trays with 2 pieces of bacon. Fold them around the inside of the muffin hole and they should cover the whole thing.
- Put the bacon lined trays in the oven and cook for 10 minutes. The bacon will shrink as it is cooked and may not completely cover the muffin hole. That’s ok as it is lined with the paper.
- In the meantime, gently whisk the eggs, milk, parmesan, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Don’t whisk it too much as we don’t want air bubbles in the mixture. If your kids are ok with it, it can be nice to add some herbs, mushrooms, capsicum, shallots etc. to the mixture too. Some kids don’t like bits though.
- Take the bacon out of the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 180ºC.
- Pour the egg mixture into the muffin holes.
- Place the muffin trays in to the oven and cook for 15 minutes or until the egg is cooked all the way through and lightly golden on the top.
- This is what they should look like.
- You can just pull them out by the paper and serve however you like.
If you would like to know how to get amazing health and wellness products, click the link below and go to join and save.
Follow me on Facebook for more health and wellness tips