This is what my children get when they ask for 2 minute noodles. Do they love it? They sure do. You can use rice noodles to make it gluten free.
Gluten, egg, dairy and nut free
- 3-4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2 Litres chicken stock BONE BROTH
- 2 Cups boiling water
- 3Tbsp. soy sauce, Tamari or coconut aminos.
- 3 cloves garlic, whole in the skin, just squash it with the back of a knife
- 3 cm piece of ginger, skin on
- 4 shallots. 1 cut into 4 big pieces, the other 3 finely sliced
- 1 long red chilli
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 1Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 bok choy roughly chopped
- 1 carrot thinly sliced
- Pack Long life noddles or rice noodles
- Bean sprouts
- Chopped coriander to serve.
- In a large saucepan, add stock, water, the shallot the is cut into 4, garlic, ginger half the red chilli, cinnamon stick, star anise, soy/Tamar/coconut aminos, sesame oil and peppercorns.
- Put the lid on and place on a high heat and bring to the boil. Once it’s boiling, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes. The longer it simmers the more the flavour develops.
- Strain the stock and add it back into the saucepan, and put the saucepan on high heat. Bring to the boil. Add in the chicken, lid on, bring it back up to the boil then reduce the heat to low heat. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add in the bok choy and carrots. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Strain the noodles and place the amount you would like to eat into your bowl. Do this for each person that is eating. Top the noodles with bean sprouts, shallots, sliced chilli and coriander.
- Once the chicken and vegetables are cooked, spoon it over the noodles and sprouts in the bowl.