Gluten free and can be made dairy free
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes to 1 hour
- 1½ Cups almond meal
- 1 Cup gluten free self-raising flour, sifted
- 150g butter at room temperature (or dairy substitute)
- 2 eggs
- ½ Cup apple puree
- 1 apple peeled and chopped into 2cm² (I use a green apple)
- 1 Cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Cup almond or coconut milk
- ¹⁄³ Cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean pod
- ¾ Cup sliced almonds
- 1½ Tbsp. Pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 170ºC. Grease and line a 22cm springform pan.
- Beat butter, vanilla and coconut sugar with electric beaters until pale and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time beating in between each egg, until well combined with the butter mixture.
- Pour in half the flour and half apple puree. Mix with a wooden spoon. Then add in the other half of the flour and apple puree.
- Now add half the milk and half the almond meal and mix to combine well. Then add the other half of the milk and almond meal.
- Gently stir in half of the chopped apple and raspberries.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Evenly sprinkle the rest of the apple and raspberries on the top of the cake mixture and lightly press them in with your fingers.
- Sprinkle the almonds evenly over the top.
- Mix the maple syrup with about ½ teaspoon of water. Brush this mixture over the top of the almonds.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on your oven. I know if it is cooked, lightly touch the top of the cake. If it bounces back its cooked. If it wobbles, it needs a little more time.
- Once cooked, allow it to cool in the tin for 10 minutes. Remove it from the cake tin and allow it to cool on a wire cooling rack.
- Serve with dollop cream or yoghurt.
To learn how to naturally assist your health go to:
For more awesome information on family health and child development stalk me on Facebook.