If you are looking for a delicious, guilt free slice, you got it right here.
Gluten, egg and dairy free
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 Cup almonds
- 1 Cup Pecans
- ½ Cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ almond spread/butter
- 3 Tbsp. cocao
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp. pure Maple syrup
- ¼ Cup coconut oil or coal butter
- ¼ Cup cocao
- 2 Tbsp. monk fruit sweetener or sugar alternative
- 2 Tbsp. pure Maple syrup
- Put almonds and pecans into a food processor or thermomix and roughly chop.
- Add in the dates and quickly chop in the food processor.
- Add the coconut, cocao, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla essence and almond spread. Blend quickly for a few seconds until the ingredients are blended but not chopped finely. I like mine still a little chunky.
- Pour into a lined, square baking tray. Spread out evenly and press down firmly to smooth the top.
- To make the topping, place a small saucepan on low on the stove top. Add the coconut oil or cocao butter and gently melt until liquid.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and stir until smooth and well incorporated.
- Pour the topping evenly over the base. Shake the baking tray and give it a little tap on the bench to make sure the top is nice and smooth.
- Place in the fridge to set for an hour.
- Once it’s set you can pull it out of the tray and cut it into squares.